Kaleigh is on the run!! As you can tell Pop-pop is chasing her in the background!! She could be chased for hours and not get tired. She loves to go, go, go.
Monday, January 19, 2009
I have been meaning to post some pictures, but have not had the time to do so. Last Sunday, Kaleigh turned one!! We had a small birthday party for her with grandparents and other family members. I had asked mom to make a carrot pineapple cake (although it does not sound very tempting, it is delicious) so that I would feel better about Kaleigh inhaling a whole piece of cake. We also had finger foods before cake and I tried to fill her up on other things. I know, I'm awful!! We had her doctors appointment this past week and here are a few updates.
- Kaleigh weighs 19.2 lbs. and is 27.5 inches long. She is growing, but falls in the 10-15th percent tile.
- She is a wonderful eater. She seems to enjoy almost anything and will eat food I give her (like black olives) even though I won't eat them.
- She has been walking on her own for the past three weeks. It is so cute watching her walk and seeing the smile on her face being able to do more things on her own.
- She loves to be chased around the coffee table and chair. I get dizzy watching her go around and around and around sometimes.
- Kaleigh loves to be tickled and has a laugh I could listen to forever.
I can't believe she is already one!! Where has the time gone?
Friday, January 2, 2009
It is hard to believe that Kaleigh will be one next Sunday. Our friends Randy and Alli, had given us a gift certificate to Sears Portrait when Kaleigh was first born and we finally got around to using it. The only other time we had her pictures professionally taken was at Easter last year when she was two months old. Today mom and I took Kaleigh to get her pictures taken. They turned out so cute. Thanks Randy and Alli, it was a great gift idea!!